Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Thursday, September 14, 2006

WWTS?

What Would Tim Say? There's not been too much going on in the sewing room lately that I can share with you. I've been working a lot and now have many UFOs hanging around. I need to be inspired. I need Tim Gunn! I never get tired of seeing or listening to Tim Gunn. I want to know what Tim Gunn thinks of my various projects. Will I hear "this is looking beautiful!" or will I get the dreaded "this is a bit Junior" or worse, "it's looking like Holly Hobby" or "carved out of a big log"? Mon Dieu! I think I need a picture of Tim to hang on my sewing room wall - preferably one where he is stroking his chin as he often does, deep in thought. If anybody can prompt me to "make it work" it's Tim!



I hope I don't get into trouble "borrowing" this photo of Tim from Bravo's website. He looks so handsome but it's not what I'm looking for. I'll have to take a nice screen shot from one of my TiVo'd episodes. Or maybe I can join the Tim Gunn Fan Club and send away for an autographed 8x10 glossy. Now, that would be awesome!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH! That is too fun Gigi. I'm not sure you would want a picture of him stroking his chin; doesn't that usually mean he's thinking up a diplomatic way of saying that he doesn't like it? :) BTW-- I added the Dior to your box and sent it off yesterday.

9:34 AM  
Blogger touran said...

I've ordered a Tim Gunn bobblehead doll - hopefully it'll have a meaningful nod to it's head.
He can have a wee altar in my sewing room, where I'll burn incense for him and use expensive pieces of silk and fur as offerings.
Just to make it work.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say it so well, but you always do. I just dropped by to say I have always enjoyed your writings so much, probably because they combine both expertise and joie de vivre, a happy combination. I read the remarks at PR a few moments ago and thought they were so off base. I was reminded of a favorite quote by La Rochefoucauld, something about priding yourself on honesty but actually just being rude.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not since the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show have I been so enthralled....Actually, I watched other teenage girls screaming nd wondered what the H*** was going on. This time, I have no apologies. Tim is My Man.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

I love Tim! I think he should have a PR spinoff... some type of fashion show on either Bravo or Style channel.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

My two favorite Timisms: "It was a hot mess!" and "His dress form looked like it has been struck by lightening". I love that man.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add me to the Tim Gunn fan club. I too bought a bobble-head and cannot wait for it to arrive.

I would devour any show he would be on. He's definitely "The Man"

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home