Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hot Patterns Sunshine Tops - Part 3

Well, my plan to move some of the gathers further up over the bust didn't work as well as I'd hoped. You can see from the Very Bad Bathroom Mirror Photo (I'm sorry, I know it's blurry) that it causes weird wrinkles/folds above the bust. I should have been able to anticipate that. Plan B: I've marked a new gathering area on the neckband and will need to rotate the FBA to a vertical dart and rotate that out at the side seam. I really want to get this just right because I know I will be making this top again and again - it's really pretty.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alisa_Benay said...

Instead of moving the existing gathers over, try marking new lines on the pattern and using slash and spread or just pivot to add them. then, if that's too much gathering total, take some out of the original gathered area. That will take away the puckered look under the arm and make the gathers lay smoothly.

I really like the partial print on the yoke. very nice touch.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Tini said...

Gigi,

I bet no non-sewer will ever notice :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

I agree with Tini - if I weren't a sewing teacher, I probably wouldn't notice the horizontal lines. Most sewers wouldn't notice either. Gigi - how about a tutorial on rotating darts? I think it would be a great help.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I would pay for a tutorial on rotating darts!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though you have alterations to make on this, your top is still looking very good. I really like this style, I may have to eventually pick this one up. I can't wait to see your finished top!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home