Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hot Patterns Sunshine Tops

As soon as I saw this pattern from the new Hot Patterns Weekender Collection, I knew I had to have it! One can't have too many tees here in south Florida but I do get tired of the same old styles. I just love the gathered neckline and the neckband is just begging to be beaded!



I'll be blogging about my embellished version of this top over on The Sewing Divas blog but, before I start on that I want to whip up a quickie version to test the fit. I've traced off a size 10 which is what I used for my Hippy Chick Dress last winter.

The fabric I've chosen for my test is a beautiful, royal blue Austrian cotton knit from Josephine's Dry Goods in Portland. I had picked up a few short lengths of Austrian knits when I was there last, forgetting that they weren't 60" wide. I have just enough to make the cap sleeve version of this top - and I mean JUST enough.



Stay tuned!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

Beautiful color! Following the construciton of this top will be fun.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great color Gigi!

10:51 AM  
Blogger jemgirlca said...

I can't wait to see your top, I'm trying it soon. I also like your idea of embellishing one with the square sequins.

1:22 PM  
Blogger angie.a said...

great pattern! A must have in my stash, pattern!! :D Still bummed about gigisews being gone tho....I didn't mind that you hadn't updated. I just liked poking around & looking. Blog's great tho!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Rena said...

Oh Gigi, This is the SAME top from Ann Taylor Loft. I have one and I was thinking, gee, I really need to come up with a pattern for this one because it's so cute on. Well, you've saved me the trouble and time drafting:-)

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home