Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

One last time - McCall's 5137

I hadn't planned on making this dress yet again but when I tore the hemline of my magenta dress, I decided to whip another one up yesterday. You see, I'm headed to the beach today for a couple of days and these little rayon dresses are so nice to toss on. The fabric is a rayon challis with a hand-painted look that I purchased from Elia's Fabrics in Miami a few years ago. Oh yes, I've heard the rumors that this style is going out fast but am blissfully unconcerned! This is, after all, a summer dress with a short lifespan. Be back in a few days - I hope to return refreshed and rarin' to go. Stay tuned for the Hot Patterns Sunshine Top!



PS: My email box is jam-packed! If you've recently sent me an email, I am going to try to get through all of my mail this week. No emails about Project Runway, please! I won't get to see this week's episode until Friday. Auf Wiedersehen!

6 Comments:

Blogger Georgene said...

I love that fabric Gigi. Perfect Indian summer print. I hope you will be able to post a snap of you at the bodeguita sipping daiquiris.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Beth H said...

Lovely dress, Gigi. Enjoy it while it lasts! For some reason I don't think your dress will look dated as quickly as it would made up with contrasting bands. (Did that make any sense??) Anyway, I like it a lot.

2:14 PM  
Blogger TLo said...

Have fun, darling!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Linda L said...

I love this version. Looks great!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gigi - I also love that fabric - I am with Georgene, I would love to see you wearing it. I'm sorry to read/hear of the stuff at PR - I am just now getting caught up on the happenings.

Your contributions are valued, I will be a regular visitor to your blog. You have always inspired me to take my sewing to a higher level Gigi! Keep on keepin' on girl!

Sue_WA

2:32 PM  
Blogger angie.a said...

gigi,
Posting here because I'm afraid you read it if I"m buried down there in 80+ replies :D :D :D

About you being Mrs. Know It All...I actually found PR through your old website. A few years ago I was thirsting for sewing inspiration and googled sewing websites or some such term...and came up with your site. I then followed through to PR... So to me, YOU came first, then that site. ;)

I personally learned SO much from you, and when I wasn't learning, was just plain old inspired by you. I missed the bulk of the "bad stuff" but get the gist of what happened. (I'm usually out of the loop tho.) I have wondered where you've been for a long time! I hope that you keep on blogging and keep on letting us see your creations.

Thank you too, just for being you. And I hope you had a wonderful little break!!
angie.a

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home