Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Back to Basics

I've had the blahs lately. You know, sort of like a bad hair day all over, every day. My favorite garments just aren't exciting to me anymore. You've had it too, haven't you? Last night, with both of our husbands working, my best friend and I decided to go to one of our favorite little Italian places for dinner. I was in a red shoe mood so I decided that plain black pants and a black top would be easy. I put on simple silver hoop earrings and grabbed my favorite red bag. When I gave myself a final mirror check I realized that I looked more chic than I had in many months. While none of the individual pieces were spectacular, together they were perfect. I've been concentrating so much on making stand-out pieces that I have neglected the bones of my wardrobe, those go-to pieces that are always right. It's time to get back to basics and fill in the blanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

Bones! Basics! Good antidote to the high fashion blues. It must be the dog days of summer. Bet you are energized with this thought!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black and red -- chic, chic, chic!! I think that makes you an honorary Frenchwoman for a day:-)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

Love, love, LOVE the shoes! And everything else of course, but the SHOES!!!!! TDF, darling, and so very you. :)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home