Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Monday, July 03, 2006

A forgotten shirt!

Last week I discovered a Kwik-Sew 2935 camp shirt that I had cut out for my husband last year. Oops! I remember now that I had cut several shirts out and made them all except for this one. The fabric is a very drapey rayon crepe from John Kaldor. I bought this years ago at a time when John Kaldor's gorgeous prints were available locally - something beside the ones printed on cheap polyester for JoAnn's.



To my delight, I discovered that I had already interfaced the collar pieces and the front facing so I decided to go ahead and finish it up before cutting out a new shirt. Embroidering on prints is always tricky. Here I opted for a darker blue that would show up on both the black ground and the light blue leaf. Yes, I know it looks like a tulip but I told my husband they were leaves. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

Better be careful Gigi - these look so good you may be recruited to do them for the enitre staff! :D

9:13 AM  
Blogger angie.a said...

They look like tadpoles to me ;) hehe...tadpoles/seafood? What's the difference?! The embroidery is very understated & elegant (er, I mean manly.)

Thought of you today (in a totally non-stalker sort of way) in the flea market when I picked up this GREAT vintage sewing book!! It's "Sewing Made Easy" by Mary Lynch, copyright 1952 for the Simplicity Co. It's even got the dust jacket! The illustrations are incredible. My prize find of the month!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Tini said...

Gigi, what a great find and I bet your husband is happy to have another sooo beautiful ( in a very masculine way of course ;) )shirt... I'm so happy, that DH does not read your blog, otherwise he would get jealous... I keep telling him, that without the font-addition to my embird I could not embroider something for him :) LOL

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home