Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

No more flying snips!

My friend Greg gave me this really strong ceramic magnet to use as a seam guide when he was out of the regular magnetic seam guides. Apparently, he removes them from broken industrial motors. When I wasn't using it as a seam guide, I had pushed it off to the side of the machine bed and discovered an even better use for it: to hold my thread snips! Now, when I sew really fast my snips won't go flying onto the floor. I already added one to my serger and hope to eventually have one on all of my industrials. It goes without saying that a magnet should never be used on a computerized machine, but you already knew that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Els said...

Great tip, thanks Gigi.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

Brilliant! I have one of these magnets that I keep on the drawer of my industrial to fish pins out of the crack where the head sits in the table. This is an even better use!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Good idea!!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home