Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Embroidered cotton from Kashi

When Diva Ann was in NYC with fellow sewing fanatics Carolyn and Barbara, she found this beautiful embroidered cotton voile for me at Kashi's (Metro Textiles).

The colors look a bit off in the photo, I'm afraid. The red is a very deep red and the green is a light olive. I know this doesn't look like "my" colors but my eyes are a bright olive green so it works very well for me - good call, Ann! I receive lots of compliments every time I wear olive so I've vowed to add more to my wardrobe. You really can't see it very well but the fabric is embroidered with gold metallic thread. This will make a great shirt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Gigi ~ how did such a beautiful piece get by me! *smile* Ann took really good care of you that day, fer sure! Can't wait to see what this becomes!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Linda L said...

Love that fabric! Can't wait to see it made up.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Vic said...

Absolutely stunning. It reminds me of a red Indian jacket I bought last year with similar fabric, but with a very simple, slimming design. You will look fabulous.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Sewing Parts said...

Marty's father Don made his living as a door-to-door vacuum salesman in North

Central Florida. As a child, Marty would ride his bike to his father's store

to wait for his father and watch the repairmen fix vacuum and sewing machines.

Soon, he was actually learning to do the
repairs himself. After years of doing this, he was hired to take the place

of a repairman who left the business. He eventually opened his own business,

Vacuum and Sewing and after 38 years, he is still happy to provide expert

sales and service to all of his customers.

Vacuum and Sewing Center is proud of its huge inventory of machines, parts

and supplies including hard to find items. If Marty doesn't have it, chances

are it can no longer be found anywhere!

In our online store, you'll get the same great, down-to-earth service and

products the Dixon family has given for over 50 years.

Vacuum Parts

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home