Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Friday, October 13, 2006

Metro Textile samples

I received these samples from Kashi this week. These are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous cottons! Unfortunately, they are not my color. :-( The shirred fabric is a very delicate voile (or gauze) and is elasticated. The pintucked fabric is cotton batiste. They go together beautifully! If you're interested in these, you can give Kashi a call at 212-290-0418. I'm not affiliated with Metro Textiles - just a very happy customer!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Metro today - first time visit - and Kashi asked how I heard about his shop. I told him about you and Ann on PR and he said I had just missed Ann and pointed to a very large sealed box heading out to you!

My brush with two of the sewing divas - so cool!

Metro has won a new customer. I spent wwwwaaaaayyyyy more than I intended but the fabric quality and price can't be beat. 100% heavy silks for $6 yard -- bettery quality than what I saw at Bloomingdales on a recent looking trip, sweater knits to die for, and wool cashmere blends -- 60" wide no less - for around $10. Unreal. Plus Kashi and his assistant have such a great eye for color and matching things - they are truly dangerous men to know ;~)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

Quirkygal, I'm sorry I missed you! CMarie12 (Carolyn) and Barbara Bell were there too. We were probably at M&J while you were at Metro. Next time I want to convince Gigi to fly up to NYC and meet us!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home