Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

Pool table cover - Part 2


I didn't get as far on the cover yesterday as I had hoped. I spent the morning in the vet's office with a very sick Winnie Pooh - 2nd time this week, sigh. We all know how these things can happen with pets and children. Hopefully, this is nothing serious but we will find out for sure when her blood work comes back today. So, I spent yesterday afternoon and evening rushing to finish my real work and didn't get back to the cover until last night. The top is finished, I just need to add the skirt - if that's what you want to call it. :-)

I really like black purses and shoes with white topstitching. I'm not sure why, I just like that look. I thought it might be a nice way to accent the cover - a way to break up the huge expanse of black. I'm very happy with the way it looks.



Here is the top before adding the sashing strips on the long sides. In the background you can catch a glimpse of my husband's pride and joy, a 1952 Seeburg Select-O-Matic 100 jukebox. It is the jukebox featured in the opening credits of Happy Days and was the first jukebox to play both sides of a record. About 10 years ago, my son and his friend broke two of the mercury glass tubes on the front while playing pool, a sure-fire way to make a grown man cry. Luckily, I was able to find chrome replacement tubes. It's just not the same but then we all have our battle scars, don't we?



Here is what I'm trying to protect. It's no secret that I love ALL shades of red. I think every room needs at least a little bit of red. My husband doesn't mind and my son has happily inherited my love for red so I'm able to indulge myself as much as I want.



I probably won't get this finished today, it being Friday and all. Friday is usually a crazy work day for me so I'll get back to this tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry about your kitty. Hope she gets better. I have been having puppy issues all summer. All the worrying zaps the energy.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Summerset said...

Poor kitty! My sons thinks it is a very cute kitty!

Love, love, love the red, too!

5:36 PM  
Blogger TLo said...

Hi Gigi,

Hope poor kitty is fine. She is so cute.
We have three "girls" and we know how it is.
BTW, we love your two sites. Fabulously glamorous, and we love the names too.
Have a good week, darling.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home