Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Monday, June 12, 2006

UFO Central

If you dare tempt the Sewing Fates (as I did yesterday) by beginning a new project while piles of UFOs await completion you will be punished. You will make a big cutting error and the adorable Pucci-print dress you envisioned wearing all summer will never become a reality. Trust me. After said mistake, I had two choices 1) shut off the iron and take a nap or 2) get right back on the horse and finish one of those UFOs. I bravely chose option #2. I had known what this beautiful rayon/lycra knit from Textile Studios would become from the moment it arrived: a wrap top (Onion 5032) to wear with jeans. Why it took me so long to finish, I have no idea but here it is - finally. One to-do crossed off the list!



Maybe the Fates will feel that I have sufficiently redeemed myself and will allow some more of that brown Pucciesque rayon/lycra to appear.

5 Comments:

Blogger jemgirlca said...

Cute top! I was looking at my swatch of that fabric the other day and was trying to figure out why I didn't buy any?? What was I thinking??? I hope you can find some of the pucci fabric!!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable top - love the fabric!!!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Marietta said...

sorry to hear about your pucci fabric drama - i am really enjoying our blog - where do you buy your onion patterns?

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Pretty! I've got to start cutting onions soon. I am so curious how they will fit.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Tini said...

gigi, great great top. I have a wrapdress to be made here. Just the fabric has to arrive.

marietta. MariaDenmark from patternreview will open her shop soon. The adress will be www.shoponion.com, if you need you can write her ( or me, I can buy them locally ) an email.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home