Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Love Ricky!

My sadness over losing the Desi Arnaz apron auction didn't last long! Last week, the same seller listed another copy and, you guessed it, tonight I am the lucky winner! Woohoo! Ricky and Lucy - together again.



A few people have asked me if I intend to make these patterns up. Hmmmm, not unless I can persuade my darling husband to barbeque in a shirt and tie. Me? Well, I don't cook much. I intend to frame copies of the envelopes and then tuck the patterns themselves into acid free bags for safekeeping.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

Frame the envelopes... (lightbulb moment) I love it! Doesn't just the thought of that pair, Ricky and Lucy, bring a smile?

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations:)
Have you seen the Lucille Ball clothing at www.thefrock.com? I could just see you prancing around after buying one of those dresses!:)
Shannon

11:10 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh yes! I visit them periodically. :-) The red Balenciaga suit is TDF. But, imagine how many Lucy patterns I could buy with that much $$. ;-)

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the auction closed, I heard the familiar phrase: "Lucy, I'm home".

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Ivy said...

Nice post thhanks for sharing

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home