Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Not back in the sewing room yet....

I know, I know. Can you stand one more vintage pattern? Last-minute graduation stuff is taking up all of my time so hang in there. I'll get to the sewing room soon, I promise!

A few months ago I had treated myself to an Elsa Schiaparelli book from Amazon. I received notice this week that they would not be able to fulfill the order. What better way to ease my disappointment than to buy this fabulous uncut (and in my size!) Schiaparelli pattern from the 1950s? This is the most I've ever paid for a pattern but Phyllis assures me it was a bargain. If I ever hope to make this for myself I'll need an industrial-strength waist cincher, that's for sure.

4 Comments:

Blogger mamafitz said...

ooh, v. pretty!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Els said...

Gigi,that Schiaparelli dress is such an elegant one.
I noticed the unusual sublime angled sideseam part.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I think you did the right thing Gigi - especially with since it's in such good condition.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Slawomir Wojciechowski said...

Lovely bblog you have here

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home