Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Monday, May 15, 2006

Heart sick, just plain heart sick

Imagine my delight at finding yet two more vintage I Love Lucy patterns on Ebay last week! Not that I'll ever sew them but the Lucy apron is my size and the Desi apron was my husband's size - destiny! I love the fact that Desi is going to barbecue in a shirt and tie. As luck would have it, I was unable to be home last Thursday night when the auctions were scheduled to end. I put my highest bids in and crossed my fingers. Happily, I won the Lucy apron for less than half of my highest bid. Imagine how sad I was upon discovering that I lost the matching Desi apron by one bid. Yes, it's my fault. I should have put a higher bid in but I never thought it would go as high as it did. I honestly thought Lucy's apron would go for more - silly me! I was so upset that I couldn't even enjoy winning the Lucy apron because Lucy without Desi....well, it's just wrong. Now I will have to spend the rest of my life searching for the Desi apron.





Have pity on me, if you have a Desi apron that you'd be interested in selling to a desperate, crazy collector, please contact me! Lucy misses him.

1 Comments:

Blogger jemgirlca said...

Too bad about losing the pattern. Losing the bid always makes me want something even more!! I hope you can find another one.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home