Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Designer Bead Embroidery



Diva Phyllis and Diva Georgene have inspired me to add a little embellishment to some of my garments. Machine embroidery is my day job but I'm a bit lost when it comes to other embellishments like beading. I am a huge Kenneth King fan so it was only natural for me to order his brand-new beading book. Like everything Kenneth does, it is meticulous, thorough and loaded with wonderful beading patterns that seem a little less intimidating now. Best of all, this means I can build a bead stash once again! I used to do some bead weaving but purged my stash years ago - no time like the present to check out the local bead shops again.

This book is available for $16.47 from Amazon.com.

8 Comments:

Blogger Summerset said...

This book is on my Christmas list - if I don't get it, watch out Amazon on Dec. 26th.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Thanks for bringing that book to my attention. I have been interested in trying a little beading myself and that looks like a must have book.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Lisette said...

Arghhhh! there goes more perfectly good money that could be used for something useful like food! Although having taken his embellishment course, he is a phenomenal instructor and breaks things down into very easily digested bits!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

*Gasp!*....I don't think I can wait till Christmas - thanks Gigi!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "Heads Up", Gigi. I love his work. My book should be here soon. Can't wait.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

fabulous! I'm going to send you Bonne Maries BFE icon (big fat enabler) for when you post things like that. very timely for me, as I was just reading my Jane Conlon book last night, and I forsee more embellishment in my future. Thanks for the heads-up

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got this book yesterday and everything you said about it is true. Visual eye candy and insptration for starting a bead stash.
priscilla:O)

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Egg Recipes said...

Hello mate nice ppost

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home