Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Patience, please!

I feel so bad that I have had absolutely no time to post here or at The Sewing Divas since last week. I have become extremely busy with work and my house remodel. Also, my son has been sick for the past month and drove home this past Friday so I've been taking care of him as well. We spent the better part of today at the doctor's office and lab to find out what is wrong with him. He thinks he has mono but I think he is just suffering from a little Freshman Depression. Let's face it, no matter how independent, mature and well-adjusted you are, it's tough starting a whole new life in a new city. I was shocked when he said he was very homesick - none of us expected that from him. He's going home tomorrow but will be flying back next Friday for 10 days over Thanksgiving and then he'll have a long Christmas break soon thereafter. I suspect he'll have a whole new outlook once he goes back to school in January. So, hang in there ladies, I'll be back shortly!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved to a new town and job and even at 34 it was hard for me! I still go home often. Little by little it gets easier and more exciting and then watch out world!
Take care Melissa

4:10 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Gigi, when I joined the military and went away to college, one thing that a friend did was to give me a bunch of self addressed stamped envelopes so that all I had to do was pop in the letter and I could send her a note/rant. Lots of care packages from home were great as well. My mom used to wrap them up with the comics from the local Saturday paper. You'd be surprised how worn they became as they were handed around campus! It is sometimes the little things that make the most difference.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Gigi. Don't worry about posting. Sounds like you've got lots going on. We always love to hear from you but you have to take care of your stuff first.

Thinking good thoughts for you,
Jodi

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gigi, I feel for you--my son left home for the first time about a month ago so I have the mom's perspective now (sniff).

But I also remember having to spend some quality time back with my family during my freshman year away at college. He will bounce back, just needs a bit more of your nuturing! Good luck to you all.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gigi, I hope he is back to being himself very soon. Like...today.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

Family is always first, sewing second! I hope he feels better soon. What are you remodeling?????

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't discount the mono..My son had it his graduating semester of college.. It took a yr to get his strenght back...Love him dearly but it was a LONG yr!!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gigi --

Sorry to hear your son is under the weather. Freshman year is a HUGE adjustment, and sometimes all the changes can make one long for the comfort and stability of home.

Your son is very lucky to have a loving and supportive Mom. Take care and don't worry about us...we value your wonderful insight and will wait patiently like the good followers we are, LOL :)

Hugs,
Patricia

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gigi,

I'm thinking of you and hoping you and family are OK. Thank you for sharing your gifts,

Chris

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home