Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Sunday, October 08, 2006

What's on my nightstand?

The Beautiful Fall: Lagerfeld, Saint Laurent, and Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris



I just started this book which, unfortunately, did not arrive in time for my mini beach vacation. I am just beginning to comprehend the genius that was Yves St. Laurent.

Queen of Fashion: What Marie Antoinette Wore to the Revolution



Diva Phyllis is already reading this book, she made it sound so good that I had to buy it. The Marie Antoinette feature in the September issue of Vogue really piqued my interest in the book and the movie.

Debut: Yves Saint Laurent 1962

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

Oh, yummy books!!! wish I was a cat curled up on your bed...Thanks for reminding me that I do need to search these out.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

I am on the list to borrow these from Phyllis when she gets back to town. They both sound fantastic!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these. Is this the order you're reading them in? I loved the Antionette in Vogue too! Although, I'm not a hugh fan of Kristin Dunst.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Georgene said...

Thanks for the reminder that I have a few books to get! I lived in Paris during the 70's and it was definitely a city of wretched excess. But then, hasn't it always been?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Els said...

Thanks for sharing these fabulous looking books with us.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home