Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Big Night

Here is the finished garment on prom night. My son was the only boy not wearing a tie - he certainly enjoys being unique. All the kids were calling him John Travolta and he humored them with a quick Saturday Night Fever pose or two. His date's Chanel-inspired dress was made by her grandmother. I wish I had taken some close-ups of the gorgeous beaded and sequined lace used in the skirt. I like the way the lace with white underskirt goes so well with the pattern of the shirt fabric. That's it for this project. On to my graduation dress!

5 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Gigi,

Great picture of a great looking son! You must have been soooo proud!

11:05 AM  
Blogger jemgirlca said...

Wow Gigi, that's a great looking couple. And, of course, their outfits look fab!! I think your son's date looks a bit like you in the picture.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous couple Gigi! And such lovely coordinated outfits. I like your son with his longer hair -- such a cutie! My son would love that shirt too ... he tends to go his own way a lot like yours. ;-)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Tini said...

what a great looking couple....
I bet, they were the eyecatcher of the evening!

Well done!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

He'ss a suave as Johnnie Depp!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home