Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Son's Prom Shirt


My son wants a 1970s-style shirt to wear to the prom. I found a couple of vintage patterns on Ebay. The one pictured here is the one we've decided to use as we both like the lines and fit. Unfortunately, it isn't his size - he's a 38 with a 16 1/2 neck - so I'm grading it up. I've done the tissue-fitting and am taking time off today to make the alterations and cut a quick muslin. He will be home from practice around 7:00 tonight so hopefully I can cut the shirt out tonight and sew it up tomorrow. Prom is on Saturday night and he has a game on Friday night - oh, and then there's WORK - so I don't have much free time. But I'm not worried. Once I have the fit down, it'll only take a couple of hours to make the shirt. Groovy, huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the final product!!! ~ Melissa

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home